Explore the first Μuseum in the world dedicated to the myth of Lost Atlantis!
Atlantis is the most famous mythological city in the world. Many places in the world have claimed the origin of the city but Santorini and the huge explosion of its volcano in the past is the most possible explanation of the myth.
Embark on a journey in Greek History, Mythology, Philosophy, and Geology! With the help of innovative technologies, you will learn about the myth of Atlantis, how it is connected to Santorini, experience its destruction, and explore multiple digital installations. Interactive videos, augmented reality, interactive fresco, animated hologram, and 9D experience await you at the Lost Atlantis Experience Museum!
The museum is situated in a brand-new facility of 700 square meter located in the village of Megalohori.
Activities inside the museum:
- Learn about the Minoan history of Santorini and the myth of Atlantis with the help of innovative
- Discover all the evidence that connect Plato’s Lost Atlantis myth with the volcano eruption of the island through interactive videos.
- Explore the largest Atlantis diorama in the world and experience its everyday life through virtual windows in time with augmented reality.
- Follow Plato’s Journey that inspired him to write about the ideal city, through an interactive fresco.
- View a Holographic representation of the geological evolution of Santorini island from the prehistoric ages until today.
- The Greek philosopher Plato comes to life in an animated hologram. Converse with him and ask him about his philosophy and the theory that Santorini could be the origin of the Atlantis myth.
- Re-live, with all your senses, the earthquake, the tsunami and the volcanic eruption that led to the destruction of Atlantis in a 9D experience.
- All the exhibits are in 8 languages Greek, English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Turkish and Chinese.
Prices: 12€ per person
6€ 7-12 years
Free 0-6 years
- Open: Daily from 10.00 to 19.00
Tel: +30 22860 85076
- Megalohori, Santorini, Zip Code 84700
- e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org